Tuesday, March 10

Healthy Avocado Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe



As I mentioned in my last healthy lunch recipe, I eat avocados almost every day. They're such a versatile food; I put them in everything I can (within reason). A few weeks ago I had leftover roasted chicken that I wanted to use to make a chicken salad sandwich, one of my favorite lunches. I spontaneously added some avocado and spinach (I live a wild life) then slapped on a piece of bread and I basically fell in love and eat it all of the time now. I don't really measure when I make this but I used the ratios given and it turned out like usual!

This recipe is great for leftover chicken, grilled chicken, roasted chicken, or basically any other type as long as it's completely cooked. The time I made this specific batch, I had just grilled a tenderloin until well done and slightly crispy. I omitted any kind of seasoning or marinade besides a little salt and pepper thrown on it while it was cookin'. I personally make this as an open faced sandwich to increase how much chicken salad I can pile on it but it's up to you!

 
| Ingredients |

- 1/2 cup chopped, cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup chopped baby spinach 
- 1-2 tablespoons diced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon sweet or dill relish
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1-2 tablespoons light mayo
- 1 slice 100% whole wheat bread
- salt and pepper


| Directions |
  1. Mash together the mayonnaise and avocado until small chunks of avocado remain.
  2. In a bowl, combine all ingredients together and stir until combined.
  3. Add extra mayonnaise if needed; the mixture should make a kind of gross squishy noise.
  4. Pile the whole thing onto a slice of bread and top with a dash of salt and pepper for taste and aesthetics and it's done!

And you're done! Let me know what you think if you try this out.
Here's a downloadable and printable PDF. If you want to, check out another easy recipe with avocado and also a hair recipe with avocado.
Thanks for reading! xo Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read comments and try to reply to any questions!